Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band Of Brothers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Students 'grill' the PM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Students 'grill' the PM Empty
PostSubject: Students 'grill' the PM   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:13 pm

KUALA LUMPUR: Despite his hectic schedule, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi took time off to address a large group of college and university students at a hotel here.

The Prime Minister made full use of the weekend opportunity as he stressed on the importance of maintaining national unity.

“I grew up in a 100% Malay environment but when I went to school, I made a lot of friends of all races.

“I used to go to my Chinese friend's house and his mother would ask me, 'Abdullah, lu ciak liao?' which means 'have you eaten?'“ Abdullah said, recalling his younger days.

He also took questions from the floor at the session. The following is an excerpt of the Q&A session.

Question: Since it is our generation which will become the country's future leaders, are we in your opinion on schedule to achieve Vision 2020?

Abdullah answered: If our growth can be maintained at 6%, then we are on schedule. But now we may not achieve 6% because of the increase in fuel prices. We have allocated lots of money to achieve this but now the prices of building materials have also gone up steeply and this has also affected our development budget. There is inflation and the rakyat is certainly not happy. Such is the situation at the moment. But we have to continue to fight.

Q: There are some irresponsible politicians out there making irresponsible statements. What is your view on this?

A: We hear from both sides of the political divide about irresponsible politicians – from the Government and the Opposition, too. But we have to comment through replies in Parliament and via our manifesto. ... We must keep on reminding everyone that if they want Malaysia to be a country that is peaceful, there must be restraint. We have to be moderate and we hope that there will be people who will listen and remind others that this is what we want to do.

Q: To be honest, the civil service does not seem to be very colour blind. Do you have any plans to review the civil service?

A: I know you're not happy with the situation that seems to have more Malays. We're now progressively making a lot of changes to be more representative in the nation's civil service. We're also aware that there may not be enough non-Malays at certain levels.

But today, we have created a mechanism, for instance, the anti-inflation council. We ensure that we have members from the private sector, who are non-Malays from high executive positions, to participate in the council. We want the council to be multi-racial.

Q: How do you feel about the promises that you have made to us but haven't kept?

A: My intention is to implement what I promised. When I introduced my manifesto in 2004, that manifesto outlined many things. It's not only for the first five years but meant to go on right up to Vision 2020. We've started (working) on it, and we're determined to achieve the objectives, the law and mechanisms that need to be introduced, this has to be done. I'm aware that the reform of the judiciary and the ACA has not been done.

That was one of the promises I made. For the commission of the ACA, that has been decided upon. The subject will be debated in the next Parliament session and I hope that it will get the okay from Parliament. At the same time, the introduction of the Judicial Commission has been announced and it was one of the things we wished to do.

The reform of the police force has already started but we still have one or two more things that we need to look into, so we'll continue with that. The reform of the financial and education sectors has already started. There are challenges we have to face. I've chosen a very important agenda, which is transparency and accountability.

It is not easy because you have to change people's attitudes, you have to inculcate new values and make social changes because it is important for the future of Malaysia.
Back to top Go down
http://brotherhood.friendhood.net
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: aiyaa   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm

y u take the boring one LOL...go get sumtin tats related to some crazy gangster ( me ) LOL !!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Students 'grill' the PM   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:57 am

LOL, you actually read the news! LOL.

can't find interesting news for today. LOL!

see tomorrow how it goes! =X
Back to top Go down
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

PostSubject: lol   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:01 am

i didnt read also LOL ....3 lines i just reply to ur post XD
Back to top Go down
creaminojo

creaminojo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Students 'grill' the PM   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:48 pm

ahaa! me too keeeee. dam long xD

well, heres something interesting.

the beijing OLYMPICS are just 3 days awaay!

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.creamino.wordpress.com
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

PostSubject: LOL   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:55 pm

the olympics got sepak takhraw ah?
Back to top Go down
creaminojo

creaminojo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Students 'grill' the PM   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 pm

that. i dont knwo xD
but i think so got.. somehow i imagined seeing it on tv b4.. drunken

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.creamino.wordpress.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Students 'grill' the PM   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:04 am

LOL, sepak takraw o.o?

more like malaysian only sports? LOL.

malaysia-exclusive sport! LOL.
Back to top Go down
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

PostSubject: LOL   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 am

where got wan...thailand also join LOL...u should see the thailand ppl play...the fella can kik until the ball go 160km/h ...SERVE SUMMORE U KNOW !!...FASTER THEN MY DAD DRIVES !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Students 'grill' the PM   Students 'grill' the PM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Students 'grill' the PM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brotherhood :: Corner of Knowledges :: Latest News-
Jump to: