Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band Of Brothers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Second double eclipse this year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Second double eclipse this year Empty
PostSubject: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:05 pm

GEORGE TOWN: For the second time this year, a solar and a lunar eclipse will occur in the same month, 15 days apart.

This rare phenomenon happened earlier this year with a solar eclipse on the first day of Chinese New Year in February and the lunar one on Chap Goh Meh (15th day of the Chinese New Year).

The same occurrence is happening on the Taoist Hungry Ghost Festival month, which began yesterday with a solar eclipse. A lunar eclipse is expected on Aug 15.

But like the double eclipses in February, the ones this month do not signify good fortune, according to Dr Chuah Chong Cheng, a Yijing scholar who also studies astronomy and astrology.

“This can be reflected in the general election in March when Barisan Nasional suffered great losses.

“It would have been better if the election had been held after September or next year,” Dr Chuah said.

For this month, he said PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s announcement to contest in the Permatang Pauh by-election would bring a series of other problems.

“It will be a turbulent time leading up to National Day on Aug 31. Matters, including the stock market, will only start to look up in September or October,” he said in an interview yesterday.

Universiti Sains Malaysia Astronomy Club academic adviser Dr Chong Hon Yew said Malaysians were only able to witness a partial solar eclipse yesterday due to the alignment of earth, sun and moon.

“Only selected parts of the world such as northern Canada, the Arctic, Siberia and western China saw a total eclipse,” Dr Chong said.

He added that three Malaysian astronomy enthusiasts, Teoh Sim Weng, Lim Bang Lin and Chin Wei Loon, were among those in Xinjiang Province, China, to witness the two-minute eclipse at sunset.
Back to top Go down
http://brotherhood.friendhood.net
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: LOL   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 pm

tis astronomy or feng shui XD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Don't know, I just copy & paste from the star. LOL!!

Quite interesting! XD
Back to top Go down
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

PostSubject: ahahhaha   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 pm

u dnt buy the newspaper ah...or u just read online XD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:56 pm

LOL, for the star, yah I read it online. LOL! because my parents never subscribe it for monthly. =.= They only subscribe for the chinese newspaper. LOL!
Back to top Go down
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

PostSubject: LOL   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:58 pm

i dnt read newspaper XD...i just read the headlines...n in malay newspaper...its politics politics politics...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 am

I also don't read newspaper, that's why my general knowledges really sucks. - -
Back to top Go down
zarul eeee

zarul eeee

PostSubject: lol   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 am

u dunnid general knowledge XD knowledge enough di lol...i one thing also dnt have hahaah oni got dota knowledge ~~~
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:15 pm

waahh. keee kiat! u veri free. HAHA
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:34 pm

LOL, of course.

Admin must be active.

Admin tak active, members macam mana active? LOL!
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:29 pm

lol lah. post more. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second double eclipse this year   Second double eclipse this year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second double eclipse this year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brotherhood :: Corner of Knowledges :: Latest News-
Jump to: